He's not dead, he's resting
Paludis 0.44.0 Released
January 9, 2010Posted by on
Paludis 0.44.0 has been released:
- The ‘everything’ set is now called ‘installed-packages’. A new set named ‘installed-slots’ has been added, which is similar but includes slot restrictions matching installed slots.
- kdebuild-1 support has been removed, following the Gentoo Council’s decision to remove all mention of it from the Package Manager Specification. Users with installed kdebuild-1 packages must remove them before upgrading.
- Support for EAPI 4 (formerly known as EAPI 3) is present but not installed, since the specification has yet to be approved.
- Support for the new EAPI 3 is present but not installed, since the specification has yet to be approved.
- The [.key=value] syntax for user dep specs now works with sets, sequences and spec trees. If < is used instead of =, a less than comparison is used for numeric values, and for compound values, a match succeeds if any item of the key is equal to the specified pattern.
- build_options: preserve_work can be used to avoid removing temporary working directories, and to force a non-destructive merge.
- Profile updates (package and slot moves) are now enabled by default.
- Workarounds for various interactivity abuses carried out by certain ebuilds have been added.
- Various large code cleanups and build system cleanups.